The Luzerne County Child Advocacy Center is committed to the protection of all children who have become victims of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect. The center strives to create a child friendly, safe environment to conduct joint interviews and investigations, along with a comfortable setting for medical examinations and a base of support staff.
The center is dedicated to the following:
1) reducing the number of interviews that a child must endure by creating a joint interview process;
2) reducing the trauma associated with the hospital setting for medical examinations;
3) increasing the number of offenders held accountable for committing crimes against children;
4) sharing information with investigative agencies and making referrals to support agencies; and
5) providing quality, culturally sensitive services to the victims of abuse and their families, regardless of race, ethnicity, language or cultural differences.